PMO Motorsport and Santiago Urrutia made a victorious TCR South America debut at Riviera in Uruguay this weekend with the Lynk & Co 03 TCR.
Santiago Urrutia, who is racing for Lynk & Co Cyan Racing in the FIA World Touring Car Cup, claimed pole position and headed the field in the first race from lights to flag.
Team-mate Pablo Otero made it a PMO Motorsport double podium in third position.
"I am very happy to have secured a home and debut win in TCR South America. While we had some issues in the second race, the Lynk & Co 03 TCR and the team has delivered at the very top after very short preparations. This weekend has been excellent and a heartfelt thanks to everyone in the team," said Santiago Urrutia.
The second race saw Santiago Urrutia fighting his way up through the field to a podium position until he had to retire due to a technical issue.
Pablo Otero meanwhile finished the second race in fourth position.
The next TCR South America race will take place at El Pinar’s Autódromo Víctor Borrat Fabini in Uruguay on October 2-3.
Rivera – Race 1 - Top 5
1. Santiago Urrutia (PMO Motorsport, Lynk & Co 03), 18 laps
2. Pepe Oriola (W2 Racing, Honda Civic Type R), +0.650
3. Pablo Otero (PMO Motorsport, Lynk & Co 03), +6.940
4. Rafael Reis (W2 Racing, Honda Civic Type R FK7), +8.045
5. Rodrigo Baptista (Cobra Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS), +16.110
Rivera – Race 2 - Top 5
1. Pepe Oriola (W2 Racing, Honda Civic Type R), 18 laps
2. Rodrigo Baptista (Cobra Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS), +2.121
3. Fabricio Larratea (PropCar Racing Team, Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce), +3.182
4. Pablo Otero (PMO Motorsport, Lynk & Co 03), +4.224
5. Rodrigo Aramendia (Scuderia CJ, Hyundai Elantra N), +9.904